1. Popping pimples even though that always leads to A Whole Thing. I wish I could say there’s been a time when I popped a pimple and it didn’t leave a festering wound on my face, but I can’t. And to make matters worse, you can’t even cover up the wound with makeup because it’s a freaking wound. And yet we still do this. Every time.
2. Not washing your makeup brushes that often because meh. I always rationalize it with the logic of, “What? My face is clean when I apply my makeup, so the brush should be clean too.” But that is a lie and we all know it. And then we wonder why we start breaking out like it’s not almost 100 percent because we didn’t wash our brushes. A+.
3. Not throwing out your mascara for two years because there’s still some in there. What’s that? We’re supposed to throw out mascara every three months so we don’t risk an eye infection? Um, not gonna happen! This was P800. I do not have “P800 every three months” mascara money! I am not a recording artist.
4. Using your finger and spit to fix your eyeliner like you have no other options. Do we have Q-tips? Oh god, yes. They’re littering our bathroom. But are we going to go and get one and wet it in the sink so we can properly fix our eyeliner like a grown-up? No. Spit works.
5. Removing what’s left of your chipped manicure by picking off the nail polish yourself. Because you don’t have nail polish remover right now and it’s already chipped anyway. Bonus points if you do this at school and then have that sad pile of nail polish chips on your desk as evidence that you’re gross.
6. Pouring too much foundation out by accident and then wiping it off your hand and scraping it back in the bottle. The only thing more disgusting than this is spilling it on your nasty sink and then wiping it off the counter (or ground) and putting it back in because it’s expensive and whatever. But also? Ew.
7. Trying to do extractions on your nose by just squeezing your nose really hard. Not only does this not even work, but your nose is always super red afterward. And why is it red afterward? Because that’s your nose’s way of yelling at you to use a freaking pore strip next time. You have them in your bathroom drawer and you know this.
8. Keeping a compact full of broken pressed powder that spills out all over the place every time you open it. Because not having to buy a new compact seems better than having to wipe the colored dust off your black jeans every time you want to reapply.
9. Licking your eyeliner brush because you’re too lazy to wet it in the sink. So you’re basically just licking your dirty eyeball over and over again. Good job.
10. Sleeping in your makeup. Every single beauty article we read is like, “Hey, here’s the biggest beauty tip ever: Don’t sleep in your makeup.” And we’re like, “Uh-huh,” and then we do it anyway. It’s not only super nasty, but have you ever tried to get mascara off a white pillow case? It cannot be done. Why are we like this?!
11. Sharing an eyeliner with your friend without cleaning it first. I love how we all try to convince ourselves that doing this doesn’t spread bacteria because we know and love our friend. As if the one thing that kills bacteria on makeup is friendship. OK.
12. Trying on any makeup testers at Malls that you know have been shared with 3,000+ other gross faces. Again, the suspension of disbelief is so strong when this happens. I usually tell myself, “I bet the only people who have used this specific silver eyeliner were very clean and had zero contagious infections.” And then I spend the next few hours being terrified that I’m going to lose both my eyes because that eyeliner contained an incurable disease.
13. Pretending your fingers are a blush brush and just smearing it on like a child. The only time I realize this was a horrible idea is when I catch myself in the bathroom mirror later and realize I look like a toddler applied my makeup. And in a way, that’s accurate.
14. Realizing you missed a hair while shaving and just trying to pull it out with your hands. It’s like the freaking Sword in the Stone. If you can pull out that one hair with your bare hands while watching Pitch Perfect 2 on the couch, then you’re built to rule a kingdom.
Article Source: http://www.seventeen.com/beauty/a40643/grossest-beauty-things-every-woman-does/