You hear radio ads, see television ads and the Internet is full of paid advertisements for ‘Car Accident Attorney’ ‘Auto Accident Lawyer’ and the like. But even the best advertisements don’t tell you anything about how to make the best choice for your individual personal injury or auto accident injury legal case.
We don’t want to add to the bombardment of advertising messages you see, so here’s an easy-to-follow list of ad-free tips from a team of personal injury attorneys set out to create to help you make an informed decision on the best auto accident attorney for you.
Take a look at our top six tips to find an auto accident laywer in Milwaukee:
- Ask friends and family for a referral. If someone you know has had a good experience with a particular law firm, that is definitely a plus. Some of the questions to inquire about including: whether an attorney worked on their case, as opposed to a paralegal; whether they were kept informed on the status of their case; and lastly, whether they felt that the case was handled in their best interest, not just to secure a lawyers fee.
- Research online and view attorney websites. Look for designations by US News & World Reports of Best Lawyers and Best Law firms, designations by Martindale-Hubble preeminent lawyers, or similar professional groups. Professional lawyers will be providing information that you need about the type of case you have, rather than just how great they are. Look for someone who offers free resources to help you understand what is involved in your case and helps you feel informed and confident about the legal process.
- Determine who has worked on cases like yours, and does so on a regular basis. Like any business, it is important to consider how long have they been around and whether their expertise centers on personal injury law. You need to look for someone with experience in your particular type of case.
- Look for a firm with a solid reputation in the community, and that includes community service.Is the lawyer involved in helping people in the community, or just in earning a fee? Dedicated to serving others is a great indication of ethics and community pride.
- Look for testimonials on the web site or elsewhere. If a law firm includes real life testimonials on their website, that is a good indication that they’ve helped real people, just like you. Celebrity endorsements doesn’t translate to great knowledge or customer service, but real client testimonials can help you understand the legal process and get to know the team of attorney’s you’d like to work with.
- Complete a free case evaluation. Most reputable car accident attorneys will offer a free case evaluation to help you understand if you legal case is worth pursuing. A law firm that is truly dedicated to helping the community will often answer your questions, or steer you in the right direction even if they don’t think you have a legal case
Do you have additional questions we can help you with? Please let us know in the comments!
At Murphy & Prachthauser we are car accident lawyers who practice the law the way it should be practiced – motivated and equipped to do our best for you. We take pride in being good lawyers who help people.
If you have a case you would like to speak to a personal injury lawyer about, please contact us to schedule a free case evaluation and get an experienced Milwaukee auto accident attorneys working on your behalf.
Blog Source: Murphy Prachthauser |